Monday, March 1, 2010

First day with QiuLi

 

I’m going to sign off for the night. It is very late. Everyone is asleep. I didn’t shed tears but I’ve never done anything that was this dehydrating. Poor Kathie is low on sleep, but we are both very happy and feel very blessed, lucky, and more than a little confused. I read Goodnight Moon to QiuLi a few times and she pointed to things and said things in Chinese. Then, she fell asleep cuddling with me – was very sweet. She’s turned over a couple of times while I’ve been posting and whimpered (I’m sure she’s distraught).

 

It has been an amazing day. QiuLi took to Kathie immediately and then at the hotel room came to think I was pretty cool. She and JJ played like nuts. After dinner she wanted me to carry her and we started to bond maybe. She is very open and sweet (and smells good). She called Kathie ‘Mama’ several times. She imitated everything JJ did; I mean everything. JJ has been so sweet – wouldn’t have known to expect quite this. Finally this town is really beautiful; it is pretty hot and the climate is tropical; the buildings are great (a bit Miami Beach moderne) and the life on the streets is amazing – reminds me of Italy. Last night was Lantern Lestival – one of the biggest holidays of the year – all night long, we saw fireworks all over the city – serious fireworks – from our hotel room windows. It was like Disneyland for hours and spread out over the entire horizon. Very cool. What a great place to experience this adoption. Okay I’m really signing off now. Goodnight and thanks to everyone for being so supportive and interested. We’ll keep posting. --- Tom

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh - I AM Crying now... SO glad it is going well!! Don't be surprised if it is more roller coaster than not... but looks really good!! Glad you are having fun in Nanning! ANd the girls LOOK GREAT!! Happy.. and sisterly!

    Hugs all around!
    Missy, et al
    ps - EBB is very very happy to see JJ and wants to know if she can come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete